When we go shopping, we always want to know how much something costs. So I’m not surprised when the biggest question that I receive is “what would be my house flipping financing costs?”
It’s impossible to put an exact figure on the cost of flipping a house. House flipping comes with so many variables so it’s hard to tell how much it would cost. It can cost you anything from hundreds of dollars to thousands of dollars depending on your market, rehab costs and plenty more factors.
First, you need to know how much the property will be worth when you are done rehabbing. Once you know the value, all other costs that come with the rehab will start to make sense. This is what is known as the ARV or the After Repair Value.
The best way to get an estimate of the ARV is to compare prices of similar properties in the same area of your target market in the past three months. Get a local realtor to help you determine the ARV faster or alternatively, you can do the research yourself by visiting websites such as Realtor.com.
Keep in mind the following things when determining ARV:
- Only look at sold houses and not those still on sale
- Only look for recently sold houses. They should have been sold within the last three to six months.
- If there are no recent sales then this could be a sign that perhaps properties in the area are not on demand.
- You can square footage to determine ARV. All you have to do is divide the sales price of property in the area by the square footage of the house. From there, use the square footage in your house and multiply it by the price of per square foot. Although this is effective, it’s not as great as doing a price comparison of the homes in the area.
- You can adjust the price accordingly depending on the number of bedrooms and bathrooms in the property.
- Factor in water views and look at other properties that have similar size lots
- Factor in updated features such as new baths or new roofs, heating systems, kitchens, etc then adjust your price accordingly.
A List Of Things That Determine How Much A House Flip Costs
The amount of money you will spend on rehab will depend on Continue reading